The Winchester Mystery House is COVID-19 Prepared and mandated to follow Social Distancing Protocols by the Santa Clara County Health Department. To learn more about the local health orders, please visit the Santa Clara County Health Department website. To learn more about the State of California blueprint for reopening, please click HERE.
- Masks are MANDATORY in the state of California. All Winchester Mystery House Employees are required to wear masks while at work and all guests are required to wear them during their visit.
- Masks are mandatory for all guests, ages 3 and up. No exceptions.
- Click here for the State Mask order.
- You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- All Employees & Guests will be asked health screening questions upon entering the property.
- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher is not permitted to enter. Anyone who is exhibiting any signs of illness, fever, cough for any reason will be instructed to leave the property and follow County protocols and guidance
- Thorough, commercial-grade cleaning of the estate and all surfaces will be conducted continuously throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are widely available throughout the property for the use of our Guests and Employees.
- The Winchester Mystery House does not have centralized HVAC systems and can get warm during the summer months, so expect windows and doors to be open to encourage fresh air flow throughout the tour.
CAPACITY CONTROL – LIMITED TOUR GROUPS
- Tour capacity has been dramatically reduced to allow for proper social distancing and in accordance with the latest order of the Santa Clara County Health Department.
- All tours will be self-guided, with maps, signage and audio will compliment your tour experience. Guests will be spread out and tour at their own pace in their own space.
- Winchester Mystery House Hosts will be stationed throughout the home to ensure guests maintain social distancing protocols and adhere to mask policies.
- Guests will be required to stay with their own household party during their tour.
- Guest Tour path is a linear one way path, with a separate entrance and exit.
- Guests must move forward through the tour and may not at any time “backtrack”.
- If at any point a guest needs to leave the tour route, please find the nearest Tour Host to assist.
- Signage has been placed throughout the estate to create awareness of proper physical distancing between Guests. Please be respectful of others’ space.
- Queue lines that allow for social distancing have been implemented to avoid crowding in the ticket booth, tour entrance, gift shop and gardens.
- PlexiGlass barriers have been installed in the Gift Shop.
- The vintage arcade games, Axe Throwing and Sarah’s Attic are open – frequently sanitized and at limited capacity, and beginning in April guests will be able to purchase and enjoy fresh sandwiches and salads produced locally in designated spaced outdoor dining areas.
- Beverages are available for purchase via a sanitized vending machine.Frequently cleaned and sanitized restrooms are on the estate as well.
TOUCH-LESS OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO OUR GUESTS
- All guests are required to purchase their tickets online so that you can proceed directly to the tour without visiting our ticket booth.
- Contactless payment options, such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, are available
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.