The Winchester Mystery House is COVID-19 Prepared and mandated to follow Social Distancing Protocols by the Santa Clara County Health Department. To learn more about the local health orders, please visit the Santa Clara County Health Department website. To learn more about the State of California blueprint for reopening, please click HERE.
MASK POLICY: As of June 15, 2021
- As of June 15, 2021 the following mask policies are in effect at Winchester Mystery House:
- Indoor Masks: Are required indoors for all Winchester Mystery House Employees & Guests regardless of vaccination status. This is due to the close proximity of guests while on the Mansion Tour.
- Outdoor Masks: Are NOT required for fully vaccinated Winchester Mystery House Employees & Guests.
- All Winchester Mystery House Employees & Guests that have not been vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear a mask during their visit.
- Click here for the current State Mask order.
- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher is not permitted to enter. Anyone who is exhibiting any signs of illness, fever, cough for any reason will be instructed to leave the property and follow County protocols and guidance
- Thorough, commercial-grade cleaning of the estate and all surfaces will be conducted continuously throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are widely available throughout the property for the use of our Guests and Employees.
- The Winchester Mystery House does not have centralized HVAC systems and can get warm during the summer months, so expect windows and doors to be open to encourage fresh airflow throughout the tour.
CAPACITY CONTROL – LIMITED TOUR GROUPS
- All tours will have a designated tour guide
- All tours will have more than one household party on their tour.
- Tour capacity will continue to be reduced to allow for guests to observe social distancing when possible.
- Winchester Mystery House Tour Guides will ensure that guests adhere to mask policies.
- The tour is a linear one-way path, with a separate entrance and exit.
- Guests must move forward through the tour and may not at any time “backtrack”.
- If at any point a guest needs to leave the tour route, please ask your Tour Guide to assist.
- Signage has been placed throughout the estate to create awareness of proper physical distancing between Guests. Please be respectful of others’ space.
- Queue lines that allow for social distancing have been implemented to avoid crowding in the ticket booth, tour entrance, gift shop, and gardens.
- PlexiGlass barriers have been installed in the Gift Shop.
- The vintage arcade games, Axe Throwing and Sarah’s Attic are open – frequently sanitized
- Beverages are available for purchase via a sanitized vending machine. Frequently cleaned and sanitized restrooms are on the estate as well.
TOUCH-LESS OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO OUR GUESTS
- All guests are required to purchase their tickets online so that they can proceed directly to the tour without visiting our ticket booth.
- Contactless payment options, such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, are available
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.