Website Winchester Mystery House
Do you never get lost? Are you outgoing? Like speaking in front of crowds? Do you believe in the paranormal? If so, you may just be who we’re looking for! The world-famous Winchester Mystery House is hiring Tour Guides to lead our guests through the labyrinth 160 room mansion that has inspired hundreds of books, tv shows, and even a feature-length film!
Our Tour Guides spend their days sharing the intriguing story of Sarah Winchester and her bizarre but beautiful mansion in the heart of San Jose. Our goal is not only to provide a safe and friendly atmosphere but to elevate the entertainment experience for our guests. Our team members are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories of a lifetime for our guests every day! Best of all? We offer convenient hours for anyone seeking an amazing part-time opportunity!
All roles include:
- Paid Training
- Costume/Uniform provided
- Employee Discounts in the gift shop
- Flexible work schedule
- Referral Bonuses
- Ticket Trades with local attractions
- Up to 12 complimentary passes per year
- Professional Development opportunities
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, snacks and coffee
- Responsible for conducting guided tours through the Winchester Mystery House during operating hours
- Tour guides must learn daily tour and season scripts offered throughout the year. They must adjust to changes in the script, information, and tour routes. Each guide is provided supporting materials in order to answer guests questions. Guides must conduct a professional and engaging tour every time. Guides must be flexible in their deliverance of the script to accommodate for different tour sizes to accomplish the ideal tour time (average 65 minutes).
- Tour Guides must learn the layout of the house and grounds
- Tour Guides are responsible for light housekeeping tasks within the tour route to ensure that the house presents well each day. These include but not limited to sweeping, dusting, mopping, windows cleaning, vacuuming, and hard hat cleaning.
Guides are responsible for keeping up with memos, newsletters, or any printed material given by management.
- Ability to perform any other job-related duties given by management.
For a full job description click here.
To Apply: Please fill out the job application:
Send job application and a current resume to: email@example.com